Abdominoplasty, known more commonly as a "Tummy Tuck," is a procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the middle and lower abdomen, and to tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall, known as the rectus abdominus muscle. The later is common in woman who have had children and weakened the abdominal wall. The procedure can dramatically reduce the appearance of a protruding abdomen or excess panus of skin and fat.
Selecting the Surgical Technique:
Dr. Troell has taught nearly 20 surgical workshops teaching surgeons the criteria to use in deciding which type of abdominoplasty to recommend to each patient. Individual factors and personal preferences will determine the specific technique selected to smooth and flatten your abdomen.
There are several options to optimize both cosmetic outcome and to minimize risks and possible complications:
- Liposuction first followed by staged excision of skin and muscle tightening
- Combined Lipoabdominoplasty or Avelar Abdominoplasty
- Standard abdominoplasty- highest risk of skin breakdown and complications with the added limitation of being unable to perform liposuction to thin the skin flap, which would have improved the aesthetic abdominal appearance.
Surgical Technique: More Details
Generally, a horizontal incision is placed just within or above the pubic area. The length of the incision, which extends laterally toward the pelvic bones, depends largely on the amount of skin to be removed. The contour of this incision will vary somewhat according to the structure of your abdomen and pelvis as well as the goals of the procedure, such as excising excess skin and fat tissue. Often it is possible to keep the incision below the underwear or bathing suit line.
You may be a good candidate for Abdominoplasty if you have one or more of the following conditions:
- Child birth,which has weakened the abdominal wall and separated the abdominal muscle
- Excess or sagging abdominal skin
- An abdomen that protrudes and is out of proportion to the rest of your body
- Abdominal muscles that have been separated and weakened
- Excess fatty tissue that is concentrated in your abdomen
Contact Beauty By Design Office for Your Free Consultation:Please feel free to call us at Beauty By Design in Irvine, CA (949) 220-0532.
Beauty By Design Corona Del Mar
|Monday||9:30 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:30 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:30 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:30 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Friday||9:30 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:30 AM - 8:00 PM|