Autologous Fat Transfer
The breast is often an anatomical area for natural breast augmentation using one's own fat called autologous fat transfer (AFT). Dr Troell is considered an expert by his peers in this procedure with directing nearly 20 live surgical workshops on fat harvesting, processing and administration for cosmetic breast contouring.
The indications for breast autologous fat transfer to the breast are:
- Breast Augmentation naturally
- Breast Reconstruction from previous Breast Cancer surgery and radiation therapy- this often includes the addition of both Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and stem cells to improve the breast tissue bed and blood supply with resultant superior and improved fat graft survival
- Breast Reconstruction following either breast reduction (reduction mammoplasty), breast lift (mammopexy) or breast augmentation surgery to improve symmetry, shape and contour
Some patients do not desire to use implants either saline or silicone, for breast augmentation. Previously, there was no other alternative. Fortunately, there now is the use of your own fat.
Most patients require between 150-250 cc of fat for each breast for adequate volume replacement, which can increase there breast size one or two sizes. The best patients are those with some inelastic or some excess skin, such as after pregnancy. This allows fat to be placed below the skin envelope without puttingtoo much pressure on the delicate fat cells, improving survival and a more reliable outcome.
The key points to improve fat transfer survival is to optimize the technique of fat harvesting, fat processing and purification, fat storage (if performed) and fat administration or injection. Dr Troell has written two book chapters in a soon to be released medical textbook (Stem Cells with Fat Transfer in Aesthetic Procedures: Art, Science & Technique, Schiffman N, Di Giuseppe A, editors, Springer-Verlag, 2014) on this process to achieve the best outcomes possible. He was also a keynote speaker at the California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (CACS) annual meeting 2013 presenting on this exact topic of improving fat transfer using stem cells and platelet rich plasma.
Breast Augmentation Indications include:
- To enhance the body contour of a woman who feels her breasts are too small
- To correct a reduction in breast volume after pregnancy
- To balance a difference in breast size
- To reconstruct a breast after breast surgery, either breast cancer surgery (lumpectomy + radiation therapy)
- Reconstruct breast after asymmetric breast reduction surgery
Contact Dr. Troell’s Office for Your Free Consultation:
Please feel free to call our office at Masterpiece Aesthetics & Surgical Arts in Corona del Mar, CA for a consultation.(949) 220-0532.
Beauty By Design Corona Del Mar