Dr. Troell performs a large number of Revision Liposuction surgery
Compiling about 35% of all his liposuction cases, Dr Troell has used all types of adjuvant liposuction methods to include:
- water-jet assisted (Body Jet)- made the physician teaching video for this company (HumanMed),
- laser lipolysis (SlimLipo),
- microcannular and standard suction liposuction,
- power assisted liposuction, MicroAire and PowerX devices
- ultrasound assisted or VASER Liposuction.
Revision Liposuction requires ultrasound assistance or VASER to achieve optimal results. The technique enables the scar tissue, depressions and skin contour irregularities to be corrected. Occasionally, when the scarring is severe, the VASERsmooth minimally invasive cellulite device is required to excise these tense bands.
Additionally, the VASER method allows one to even create a high-definition body sculpting result. The revision usually requires fat transfer to the sites of indentations as well as adding fat for volume replacement in certain areas to optimize the patient's body contour...lines, curves and proportions. This revision is truly "sculpting" the body because as a sculptor, the medium is both removed and replaced in different areas.
Dr. Troell is a national instructor for the manufacturer of the VASER, Solta Medical, previously Sound Surgical Technologies. He teaches other plastic surgeons and physicians on the benefits of the VASER Liposuction technique for both primary, revision and high definition cases as well as face and body fat grafting. Dr Troell has directed nearly 20 scientific live surgical workshops teaching surgeons these techniques of body contouring, including high-definition liposuction with fat transfer.
Advantages of VASER (Ultrasound) Revision Liposuction:
- Least risk of skin injury compared to laser technologies
- Can be performed under local anesthesia, although revisions are usually augmented with mild intravenous sedation as needed
- Less intra-operative (25-30% less) blood loss and postoperative bruising than Standard suction liposuction
- Adaptability for both small and large volume fat removal.
- Rapid recovery time, quickly return to normal activity.
- VASER provides 53% more skin retraction or tightening than suction-assisted (tumescent) liposuction & 35% better than laser lipolysis
- Fat harvesting and fat grafting with 80% fat survival rates.
Why Fat Grafting using VASER (Ultrasonic) fat is superior:
Fat Harvesting and Fat Grafting using VASER Fat is superior to that from laser lipolysis, such as Smartlipo, and suction-assisted liposuction. Fat collected during the VASER Lipo procedure is refined down to small lipocyte packets comprised of 2-3 fat cells, which supports growth and a blood supply (vascularization) upon placement in facial or body areas (reinjection).
Laser lipolysis is inferior for fat grafting. Lasers (SmartLipo, SlimLipo) deliver high intensity light energy and cause disruption of tissue, including fat cell rupture through thermal cell wall disruption and coagulation of small blood vessels which can burn the skin, creating cosmetic defects. Suction-assisted liposuction provides large cell packets, approximately 50 cells in diameter. This size is associated with central necrosis and sheer force disruption during fat transfer. The fat used as a filler is permanent, in contrast to dermal fillers, such as Restylane and Juvaderm, which are temporary.
In summary, the advantages of VASER Liposuction is less bruising and blood loss with a low revision rate, however, the biggest advantage is superior skin tightening and ability to create high-definition body sculpting. Additionally, VASER fat provides superior fat harvesting with a fat grafting survival rate of 80%. The fat grafting survival rate with traditional suction-assisted liposuction is, at best, 60%.
Contact Masterpiece Aesthetics & Surgical Arts for Your Free Consultation:
Dr. Troell and his staff are happy to discuss the Liposuction procedure with you and answer your questions. Please feel free to call our offices in Corona del Mar, CA.
Beauty By Design2801 East Coast Highway
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625
P: (949) 220-0532
Beauty By Design Corona Del Mar
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday